Re: [pyrnet] blowing coat

Thanks to both of you! I am new to the list have an eight month old rescue pyr puppy, Benjamin,  and I now know what to expect in the grooming area..
Shari

In a message dated 6/29/2006 11:48:09 A.M. Central Standard Time, jodilbusby@yahoo.com writes:
Amy,

You are an invalueable source of information...Thank
you so much! I will do the checking of course, and
make sure things are up to snuff. We took obedience
class and were around other dogs, so he has a taste of
being socialized. Just have to keep it up.
Thanks again, and I hope you don't mind my novice
questions!

Best Regards,
Jodi

--- Amy Bailey <newbailey@comcast.net> wrote:

> Jodi,
>
> You must socialize Julius to accept mere dogs.  Get
> to a class at the SPCA
> or find a playgroup, or go to Pet Quarters just to
> walk the aisles.   And do
> it before he gets much bigger!  When he hits the
> teenager time and weighs
> enough to really pull you, it will be  too late.  He
> will turn into a
> monster if you do not establish yourself as alpha
> and Julius must be a dog,
> not a conquering hero.  (I assume he is named for
> Julius Caesar, just as
> Charlie is Charlemagne.)
>
> I have not found my pyrs to be difficult to board
> but I have been very
> careful about the kennels I have chosen.  I had a
> previous pyr, Jascha,
> along with  two labs for 12 years before my two
> present pyrs and moved
> through three different states so there has been an
> assortment of kennels.
>
> First, I ask the vet for a recommendation, or
> conversely a list of places to
> avoid.  I call and ask if they have oversized
> kennels or if there are runs
> attached to an indoor space.  I also ask what breeds
> and sizes of dogs they
> prefer to handle.  Usually my dogs have seemed most
> comfortable in a kennel
> together or at least where they can see each other.
> Check on feeding and
> walking procedures too.

Pray as if everything depended on God;
act as if everything depended on you.