Re: [pyrnet] Agressive behavior

Quoting Judith Stroh Miller <jsmiller@newmex.com>:

> On 30 Jun 2006 at 10:35, WEKPBK@aol.com wrote:
>
> > The one thing we haven't done is training by a professional.  I guess
> > we thought we could do it on our own.

I don't have any 'professional' LGD training, we got lucky ours came literally
pasture ready at age 2, but we are taking some things we have learned from our
experiences as llama owners, and I imagine it is the same concept. And I may be
WAY off base on this, but what the heck its just an opinion.

WE needed the training more than Yogi. The hows and whys of the interaction
seems to be the key, the animal is always doing what they do, it's us humans
that tend to muck up the relationship and the interactions, at least with
llamas, so we are using that as basis for our assumptions.

We have had llamas that are absolutely perfect in all respects for us go to new
homes, and within a month or two the new owners are trying to figure out what
happened to the wonderful llama. nothing happened to the llama, it was
generally the people that made the dynamics different.

I imagine the same ought to be true with professional dog trainers. I would like
to think the best of them are actually training the owners more than the animal?

Gary
www.roadsendllamas.com
Olympia WA