Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20060701

I do not believe anyone is lashing out at Cesar. I, as Bethany, have no opinion one way or the other. It's an individual choice. But let it be known that the Pyr is a different "Dog" altogether. And far apart from the others. I have not seen a DVD, nor have I attendended one of Milan's seminars. Although I have done some reading on his methods.

Yes, we should be careful not to jump to conclusions. One way or the other.

I do have great respect for Dr. Patricia McConnell and her training ability and expertise. She is one of the best. I am a proud member of WPR and listen to Larry and Patricia every Saturday morning. Not just for My Guys, but for all the information and insight that comes from the "Calling All Pets" Show. And unless you have lived with and Lived For a Great Pyrenees for quite some time, you have absolutely no idea what these special ones are all about. They are non alike to any other. The positive reinforcement has proven itself in the training of my Pyrs over the years. And believe me. It's been many, many, many, years.

It's been a life of mutual respect and love on both sides. With NO battles over who is in charge. It has indeed come about with positive reinforcement. Although I didn't realize what I was doing when I did it. It came ever so naturally. (Perhaps from my life with horses?) I would highly recommend Beth's link to Patricia's Web site. It's an individual choice. As would be all things in your lives.

Be Well,

Let us continue to learn. I shall also check out Cesar Milan. I'm never too old to learn. Eh?

Jane and
Rainbow, on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Minnesota