Re: [pyrnet] Agressive behavior

I hate to word it this way, but it IS reassuring to hear the replies of folks whose pyr's have a special prize.  I wish Ben's were rawhide!  That would be easier to control than dish towels and socks.  Those are, and will always be mine (and, they will always be visible somewhere in the house for him to find.)  Like your pyr, Ben is perfect in other situations.

The other reassuring piece to this, is that I'm finding that pyrs have just one prize.  It doesn't sound like it escalates to other things, as long as I don't allow it to.  That was my fear.  Ben is getting really huge, and I just can't have him challenging me on more and more things.

If it's just dish towels and socks, I can try harder to keep them away from him.

Just so everyone knows, I did test Ben the other day....I intentionally left a load of laundry on the sofa.  After a few minutes, he did sneak a sock.  It was so funny how he stretched his snout out and grabbed it just with his tiny front teeth.  But, before he had time to actually take ownership of it and run around the house with it, I took it from him, no problem.  Big victory for us both!!!

Thanks again for all your encouragement.

Pam and Gentle Ben