Re: [pyrnet] Agressive behavior

On 7/14/06, Amy Bailey <newbailey@comcast.net> wrote:
You are right, no rawhide, and then no discussion certainly works.   There is no need for the rawhide and I have not given  rawhide for years because I cannot stand stepping on a used piece of it barefoot.  However, it may be something else and it is harder to give up socks and dishtowels because the dog has a fetish.

Well, I too recognize this and also with rawhide.  Sampson is pretty ok with anything else (never even TRIED real bones though and won't), but Rawhide is a big problem .  I can still "trade", but after one growl and an air-snap that happened about six months ago, that is it.  I occasionally give him a bully stix, but even that when I know it is evening, we are going to bed and he is outside to himself.  I did all the stuff - click treat, trade, sit for his dinner, hand feed and so on and feel pretty confident, but am always careful just to remind the family that no one EVER should instantly grab something from one of the dogs.  Even sweet, 9 month old Molly the same.  No problems with her at all, but I "ask" and gently take and praise.

--
Linda A.
Nightsky Farm