[pyrnet] CHAT; HEALTH: Pet Insurance frustration

Well, I went with VPI because it seemed to have several positive comments by the group, etc., but I have to say, I am so frustrated i could scream!  I have had two claims - one for Molly and one For Sampson.  The paperwork is cumbersome - fill out the claim , get vet to put diagnosis, sign, forward with bill ( sounds not too bad, but if you forget one thing.. you have to go back to vet).  Then, each time I sent something in it took around THIRTY days for them to reply and when they did, they THEN asked that I have EVERY Vet the dogs had every seen forward EVERY record they EVER had on them!!!  So... that delayed further and I had to contact vets and on and on... Then... They sent me a note saying it was closed (*the claim) because they didn't GET THEIR INFO (it took a couple weeks .. after they are already behind a month).  Then... they call and tell me they are STILL missing something AND they are 45 days out on the one where the DID get all their info.  Lord!  I never, ever had this much mess and time with my HUMAN insurance.  And sorry if this sounds like a rant - I guess it kind of is.. but honestly, I'm about to bail and try someone else inspite of the fact I paid for the whole year.

Thoughts? Experience anyone?  Sigh...

--
Linda Anderson
Nightsky Farm