Re: [pyrnet] CHAT; HEALTH: Pet Insurance frustration

I bailed recently.  I had VPI on 3 dogs for 3 years with no claims.  The last renewal said that I had to be able to show proof that my dogs had been seen at least once a year by a vet for an exam in order to be able to file a claim.  I knew that would be an issue, as I only take my dogs to the vet when I NEED to - vacs, illness, concerns, etc.  Many of my dogs will go years without a vet visit (up to 3, then it's only for rabies vac, NOT an exam).  So I just knew, from the problems that others had said they had with claims, that I would be completely out of luck if and when I ever needed to file a claim.  I'll stick those premiums in a savings account and take my chances from here on.