From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf
Of Manny Fernandez, Jr.
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 5:52 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] When Pyrs Shed

We live in Orange County, CA and it gets somewhat warm during the summer.
Our female Athena seems to shed near the end of summer, like now rather than

before summer.  She is pretty much an indoor dog and really doesn't spend
much time outside.  So perhaps that is why she sheds now.  Question:  When
she sheds it comes out in large amounts, and her remaining fur on the sides
is minimal.  The skin is pink in color.  Is this due to her shedding?  The
hair that does come out is like down.  I understand that this is what is
blown.  But we were just concerned.  I posted a question similar to this on
one of those pet answer web sites.   The response we got was to check her
thyroid as it might be off.  We recently took her to the Vet for a Wellness
health check up and she came out without problems.  Just wondering what you
folks experience when they blow their coats.

Regards,
Manny