Re: [pyrnet] Orthopedic question

Beth,
Yes, it is the same surgery as for dysplasia. It is such a relief to hear of your Malamutes. I have never personally known anyone who has had the surgery done of large dogs and even though I absolutely trust my vet, it is still a scary option to consider for a one year old. I defintely will consult with an ortho doctor also. Was the convalescence dufficult for your babies? Thanks so much for all your support! I will keep you all updated on our progress. It is difficult to keep Ben from overdoing, he wants to do everything that his peeps do--tehe. He is worth all the trouble and I would never trade him for anything. I take all the dogs to exercise across the street into the woods and when he gets tired/sore he flops down and slides down a hill of pine needles just like a kid on a playground and then rolls and rolls in the leaves/needles. It is so cute! he also mothers any foster puppies we get placing them between his front paws nosing them and washing them all over. I had to draw the line at regurgitating food for them though! Again thanks for your advice.
Shari & Ben