Re: [pyrnet] Orthopedic question

Joe,
Wow, I am feeling better now that the shock has worn off and having read your advice/info. Now I understand the procedure better the way you explained it. I didn't realize about the scar tissue. I'm sure the vet would have explained, but I didn't know the questions to ask. I was thinking of bone continually poking into the muscle. Scar tissue sounds much better. I appreciate all you folks compliments, but I'm sure that I do less than most of you. There are some real saints around here where the poverty rates are so high and animals are routinely dumped by the roadside. The sister of Molly, the rescue who is going to a new home 2morrow went to a Katrina family with 5 children who lost everything in Biloxi, but brought their outside dog with them to start a new life, even though 2 days before Katrina the oldest child, 11 years old was diagnosed with brain cancer. Only the Mom is able to work because the Dad has to care for the by and make the 160 mile round trip at least once weekly to UAB med center in BHM. Angie (the Mom) works at a Subway, so doesn't make much of anything and on top of everything else their dog dug under the fence at the new house and got hit. They still rushed her to the vet, who waived the charges on surgery for a severely broken leg, and offered to help with any other care they might need. DeDe, the puppy they got from us, is the children's indoor pet and goes everywhere with them. It is hard to complain or even to justify the expensive surgery for Ben when children are going without. I'm sure that I would hardly hesitate, though, if I had the money laying around and that is really not right, so its probably for the best. The cost is exactly the same as my oldest daughter's cost for the Bar exam prep course. Maybe she'll be an animal rights lawyer?
Sincerely,
Shari & Ben