[pyrnet] Re: Mammary Cancer

I am hoping others on the list that have had to deal with mammary cancer with their Great Pyrenees might have some advice for my dear friend.

Her bitch Mirage had a biopsy done last week and the result said it was malignant cancer. Mirage was spayed two months before so we were keeping an eye on that area and noticed some swelling.

Mirage will be 7 next March. X-rays said it had not spread to the lungs which we were grateful for. I understand this type of cancer is treatable with chemo.

They informed her that some forms of mammary cancers do not respond well to chemo.
I do not have a name for the type of cancer Mirage has. Will see if I can find out.

Any advice or encouragement would be most helpful...

Kind Regards, Sandy Dyment Pyrview Reg'd www.angelfire.com/on3/Pyrview