Re: [pyrnet] Counterfeit now Rabies Challenge

On 19 May 2008 at 8:02, BDrube1441@aol.com wrote:

> except on the stupid yearly rabies vaccine which, unfortunately is at this time legally mandated.

Get involved with the Rabies Challenge Fund, they will help get your State Laws changed.  It
takes a group of dedicated people to change these laws.  We did here in NM before the
Rabies Challenge had even started.  In a separate email I will fwd what the Fund is doing to
help States get their laws changed.  Although even here in NM, because our State now
requires 3 year Rabies Vaccines, our counties can still require the one year vaccine, or even
leave it to the vets discretion.  It's not helping that we are seeing increased rabies in skunks
in Taos County and over in the southwest part of the state, increased rabies in the Red Fox.

Judith S. Miller
Northern New Mexico Great Pyrenees Rescue
http://www.caerbannog-grtpyrs.com/workable%20pages/rescue.html
jsmiller@newmex.com