Re: [pyrnet] Counterfeit Pesticides for Dogs and Cats

Thanks, Judith, but the admin of the EPA, FDA and most gov agencies are appointed and serve at the will of the administration, which means that the corporations, donors lobbyists friendly to those in charge are basically the  folks making decisions for us. Until (if) we change some laws it will be that way so I try to be well-informed on the issues involved, consult with my vet, and use my best judgement. Sometimes, as on yearly vaccinations, I disagree with my vet, but in that case, he deferred the decision to me as pet owner--except on the stupid yearly rabies vaccine which, unfortunately is at this time legally mandated. I, too have read on snopes.com of the new, legally approved, flea and tick med (forget the name) causing medical issues. Hoping that it is a fluke, because we live in AL where fleas and ticks are epidemic--had one rescue puppy that had to be nursed through Rocky mountain spotted fever and she was really sick, so fea and tick prevention is not an optional item--unfortunately.
Again, I so appreciate your updates on the pet food recalls, they have helped me so much!
Shari