[pyrnet] (Fwd) [BeyondVax] Drug-resistant staph infections

Hi, all...

My Borzoi, Kryie, and my friend Mary Ann Rose's deerhound, Angelina, have
been struggling with drug resistant staph infections (MRSI, similar to human
MRSA) for the last few months.

My current column on SFGate.com, the website of the San Francisco Chronicle,
features their stories, plus an interview with Mary Ann, photos of Angelina
and Kyrie, and an interview with the vet who treated Angelina, Dr. Laura
Stokking in San Diego, CA.

I hope that you'll check it out, as this problem is far more widespread and
serious than most dog owners, and vets, realize. Please also crosspost this
to, or share the link with, any other dog lists or groups you're on, as
early diagnosis is critical for successful treatment:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2008/05/28/petscol.DTL

I don't think that will break, but if it does, here is the tiny URL:

http://tinyurl.com/5gatcg

In addition to information that should help pet owners and vets recognize
these infections more quickly, I think the photos are very important. When
Kyrie first came down with this, I looked online for hours and couldn't find
any photos of dogs with a MRSI wound. Kyrie's and Angelina's are very
similar, and I think it will be extremely helpful to pet owners to actually
see what this type of lesion looks like.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.

Christie Keith
Caber Feidh Scottish Deerhounds
Raising Our Dogs Holistically Since 1986
http://www.caberfeidh.com/
http://doggedblog.com/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional