Re: [pyrnet] old pyr health question

In a message dated 7/3/2008 6:04:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, slocum_da@earthlink.net writes:
She was
always on the big end, about 135lbs and now weighs 107lbs as of last
week at the vet.  She had lost 8lbs just in the past 2 months.
Hi Deb,
My pyr Shelly lost weight in her later years.  Not to the extent that your girl has but Shelly at her heaviest was around 120.
Unless your girl is an exceptionally large Pyr she may have been over weight at 135.  My female, Lily,  is right around 100 lbs and just a bit on the thin side.
I can understand your concern though.  If one of mine acts differently in any way I get very nervous and upset.  Sounds like your vet isn't concerned about the weight loss,  and the fact that her tests were all normal is great.  Did he say her lungs sounded clear?  The wheezing would be a worry, but like you said, may be part of the allergies and caused by the pollen.
I smiled reading about your girl.  She sounds wonderful.  I miss Shelly with all my heart.

Cat
Lily-Belle & Soleil (Great Pyrs)
Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great Cats)
Red (African Grey Parrot)