Re: [pyrnet] old pyr health question

Hi, Deb.
Sounds like you are doing a great job for your girl and yes, weight loss is a part of aging.

My only suggestion in her eating would be to possibly change bowls.
I rescued an ancient Pyr, Baloo, about 4 years ago and it took me 6 mos. to figure out that he was sensitive to the stainless steel bowls that I feed out of and that was why he would never eat anything but the top surface of the food offered.

One day, by accident, I gave him a porcelain bowl and he finished his entire meal for the first time since he had arrived.
I think his teeth (which looked good for his age and God Bless him, he did his best on raw bones) were sensitive to the metal bowls.

Just a suggestion, from what I learned from my experience (boy, did I feel like a dum-dum :)
You may also want to consider changing the temperature of the food to make it more enticing.  Some like things frozen, some like things warmed up...

Good luck with your girl  - Every day is a gift!
Regards,
Lisa and the beasts in south Florida

     - " -
    /) '  ' (\
 ( " ) - ( " )Lisa T. Bottcher, President
Oliver's House, Incorporated 501(c)(3)
W Palm Beach, FL
Oliver (11 y/o Bearded Collie), Derby (13 y/o Aussie),
Great Pyrenees - CeeCee, Cubbie, Shasta, Trixie, Tonka,
Taffy (Kuvasz), and Jelly (Tibetan Terrier)
"Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of dogs in Palm Beach County since 1999"
www.oliverslb.com