Re: [pyrnet] old pyr health question

I had to laugh reading these.  I thought my pyr was the only one with funny eating habits.  He too always leaves a few pieces behind. That is unless I put some rice in his bowl.  He adores rice and will gobble up whatever kibble I put in his bowl with the rice.  I feed him away from the other 3 dogs (sight hounds) so there is no risk of dog fights because we did have an issue once many years ago and I never want a repeat of that. It was VERY scary so now everyone eats in their own space and I don't leave food bowls down with food in them.  They all eat and then the food bowls get picked up. If any is left over, oh well, up it comes and tough luck until the next meal.  I feed twice a day and usually everyone eats what I feed them.  Sometimes my pyr does turn down a meal but not usually.
  I did have one pyr that so hated to eat I could keep him out of a room he wasn't allowed in by putting a bowl of food in the doorway.  He wouldn't go near the room because he would avoid the food bowl.  He was a nightmare to keep weight on.  We had to play every food game in the book to keep him from starving to death, even though we had 2 other dogs (and one other pyr) at the time.