From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org on behalf of Jason Repko
Sent: Mon 7/7/2008 1:36 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] old pyr health question

My 130 lb male Pyr, Chevy, eats standing up and takes a mouthful of kibble and dumps it on the floor. Then he munches up 2-3 nuggets at a time until that is gone, then gets a mouthful dumps it on the floor and goes through the entire ritual again until its gone. Usually takes him 10-15 minutes.

I usually feed him once in the morning. He has a mouthful or two while I have coffee, then leaves the rest alone till I return home. He'll usually wait to eat again till he sees me eating. Like clockwork. I think I reward him so often with a little nibblet from the grill, that he's waiting to see if that will happen every night and when it doesn't, he figures its time to finish the bowl.

I used to feed him from a stainless bowl but it would get so caked up with schmutz from his slobber and food, it grossed me out. Now I feed him from his nylon travel bowl and it seems to stay cleaner.

~Jason & Chevy

<<winmail.dat>>