RE: [pyrnet] CHAT: Dog food

On 19 Sep 2008 at 12:06, Elaine wrote:

> Thanks Judith, I had heard from a number of sources that skin testing
> was not conclusive for food allergies, but was useful for inhalant
> allergies. Since his issues were not seasonal, the general consensus
> was that it was food allergies that were causing his problems.

Because it required traveling over 200 miles one way for skin testing, we opted for the blood
testing to be done at our local vets.  I do understand the skin testing is more accurate.  But
we got good results with Cherry and the allergy shots have certainly helped her.  She is still
on the loading dose, so the final results will be evident once she reaches maintenance dose.

Judith S. Miller
Northern New Mexico Great Pyrenees Rescue
http://www.caerbannog-grtpyrs.com/workable%20pages/rescue.html
jsmiller@newmex.com