Re: [pyrnet] Grieving Pyr (Sorry: this a LONG email)

On 29 Nov 2008 at 3:28, Christine Schmidt wrote:

> Any pointers would be helpful

Give your Pyr Rescue Remedy and you take some also.

I too had a very sensitive, astute Pyr.  When our horse died, she did not eat for 7 days, I
would find her hiding behind chairs, etc, places she had never slept before.  In the mornings
she would go out and lay on top of the horses grave. The same when the mixed breed dog
died that raised her.  Every morning she would go out and lay on his grave.  When my father
who lived with us died, it took her months before she quit going to his bedroom to wake him
up every morning.  That had been her routine since she was a puppy.

My breeder always advised me to also talk to the Pyrs, tell them what had happened or was
going to happen.  They are smarter than we think.

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://www.goldstaranimalshelpingpeople.com/team.html