Re: [pyrnet] Grieving Pyr (Sorry: this a LONG email)

In a message dated 11/29/2008 8:17:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, chrissy@instant.net writes:
I try to act normal around him so as not to feed into his...mood.
Let him see your grief.  He already knows something is very wrong so trying to hide it won't help,  and dogs have been known to show support and extra caring to grieving people.  It will give him a focus.  Pamper him and love on him.  He needs as much comfort right now as you do.  Spend as much time as possible with him and spoil him.  If he likes music - play music.  Take him for walks, runs, rides.  Spending extra time together will help you as well as help him.
I feel so sad for you with your Newfie.  I hope by some miracle he will get better and be able to come home.
hugs,

Cat
Lily-Belle & Soleil (Great Pyrs)
Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great Cats)