To: <pyrnet-l-digest@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 8:59 PM
Subject: pyrnet-l-digest.20090110

pyrnet-l-digest Saturday, January 10, 2009

RE: [pyrnet] Dog Food and Shampoo g1992@snet.net Re: [pyrnet] Dog Food and Shampoo Reedialer1@aol.com RE: [pyrnet] Dog Food and Shampoo Bethany.Viney@tdstelecom.com

Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 08:06:30 -0500
From: g1992@snet.net
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] Dog Food and Shampoo

I was wondering what food each of you have found best for your Pyrs? I am
feeding my 95% pyr/5% Aussie Shep. !(mentality and personality are Pyr),
Nature's Variety Prairie, Lamb and Rice. Several times I have tried weaning
him off this to try something he likes better that still is high quality but
no matter how slowly I try changing him he ends up with diarrhea. Right
now I am slowly adding Royal Canin, Large Breed #26 which he really likes -
we'll see. The reason I want to change is that when he gets only Prairie he
has no keen interest in eating. When these other foods are added he eats
with vigor!

He likes Wilderness, too, but his stomach doesn't agree with his taste buds.

Any suggestions? Also, I want to make sure his food is an all around good
one for his body-type, fur, etc. While I am at it - what
shampoo/conditioner do you use? I use one from the veterinarian because he
came to us 4 years ago with some skin issues. But, once in a while I do use
something else on him. Thank you.

Jeanne