RE: [pyrnet] Bully Sticks

We have 3 big dogs. Buying the specialized bones are generally out of the question. However, we do make one exception. There is something you can purchase at PetSmart called Wholemeals. I just love the concept (but not the price). They are actually a meal, in the form of a “bone” complete with “marrow.” My dogs love them and look forward to getting them. Unfortunately, it’s becoming a rare treat for them because of the cost -- $25 for a bag of 24. But, my Pyr, Arizona, can eat them without problem – and she has TONS of allergies.

For regular treats, we just hit up the meat department of the grocery store, or visit our local butcher. For $3-4 dollars we can get some nice, big bones that have staying power. Jack, our lab, loves to bury his, and “revisit” it a day or so later.

Bea

From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Nancy K
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 2:49 PM
To: Chat Pyrs
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] Bully Sticks

It takes my Pyrs less than 2 minutes to complete eat one of these... pretty costly for a quick treat.

Nancy Kingsbury
Wheeler, WI

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:10:28 -0500
From: bailey.amy@verizon.net
Subject: [pyrnet] Bully Sticks
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org

Have any of you tried Bully Sticks?  I had vaguely heard of them but I just discovered that the local sales rep is a neighbor.  He was surprised that I had never bought any for my dogs, not that he was pushing a sale, but big dogs often need good chewy toys and he thinks these are the best, no surprise there.  Anyone have any experience with them?  They are a by-product from beef, a dehydrated penis.  He also sells Moo Sticks which are dehydrated trachea.  The web site claims that that the trachea has a lot of collagen and so is good for joint as well as being a long lasting chew toy.

Amy

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail. See how it works.