[pyrnet] Pyr-Newf mix

Hi all-

I just wanted to reply briefly to the question about the characteristics of a pyr-newf mix. My first big dog - Slater - was a P-N and she was wonderful. As far as her appearance...she was black with four white feet, white on her belly, and the tip of her tail. She weighed about 125 pounds. Her head and body shape were more pyr than newf. She LOVED the water, was very affectionate, had selective hearing (!), barked loudly at people arriving at or passing our gate, but - underneath it all - was a marshmellow. After she died (at 12 and a half years of age) we got our first Pyr. It wasn't until then that I could see which of Slater's traits were from her newf side and which were from the pyr side. I have since communicated with another P-N owner. Her dog was brownish and actually looked more like a Leonberger than a pyr or a newf, but she said he/she was also a wonderful dog.

Slater was quite a character - it's been fun remembering some of her antics.

Lyn and Cannon (our third pyr)