Re: [pyrnet] Pyr-Newf mix

Hello, ?

My first big dog Ursa was also a Pyr Newf mix. ?I knew her mother, a beautiful Pyr, and never met her father. I was told the breeding was accidental. ? Ursa was mostly black with a white chest and four white feet and a white tip on her tail. ?She had the body of a Newf- a big barrel chest, large blocky head and an oily coat. I would say she resembled a Newf more than a Pyr. ?She loved the water too and weighed about 125 to 130 pounds. ?She was a wonderful, affectionate dog, did not bark without a really good reason, never wondered away, always stayed near our home and the children (stationed herself near the entrance door when no one was outside). ?Our story is similar to Lyn's. ?She died at the age of 12. ?Since we knew her mother, we were drawn to Pyr's and have rescued two elderly Pyr's and then purchased a puppy so we could have hope to have her around a long time. ?We often silently thank Ursa for leading us to the Pyr. ?I have enjoyed sitting home on this snow day and remembering Ursa with Pearl at my side.

Candice and Pearl in Maine

??