Re: [pyrnet] Pyr sisters/brothers/friends?

   We had 2 male pyrs together for 9 years without a problem.  The oldest, Jake, was about 9 months old when we brought the youngest, Ceasar, home at 8 weeks.  The youngest was neutered at about 16 weeks, and the oldest was not neutered.  The oldest was great with other dogs in public, but a little after one year old, he wouldn't allow other big dogs (he was totally fine with little dogs), male or female, into the house. The only exception to this was dogs he had known and played with before that age.  He had some friend dogs he had played with before he hit that stage and he was fine with them.
   We never had any problems between the two pyrs that belonged to us.  We lost Jake at almost 10 years old.  Ceasar is now 10 and we have an 11 month old puppy.  The puppy, Dart, was neutered at about 11 weeks.  So far, there is no problem.  They had a few tussels regarding food when the puppy was little, and we are very careful to feed them seperately, but otherwise they are fine together.  They aren't the friends that Jake and Ceasar were, but I think that is mostly because Ceasar is too old to play with Dart like Jake played with Ceasar.
    The keys for us have been 1)introducing a puppy not an older dog and 2) Ceasar is really laid back and easy going.

                                                      Brandy