Re: [pyrnet] Pyr sisters/brothers/friends?

On 18 Nov 2009 at 15:44, Jeanne Bravin wrote:

> My 3 year old male is neutered, and can't be trusted for a split
> second around another male - neutered or otherwise.

My first male was neutered at age 3 when I decided he was not breeding quality.....the
younger intact male was the one who challenged the neutered male when the youngster
reached 11 months. After that the boys could never be together.  I know of rescue groups
that place males together, but personally I do not feel comfortable with that type of
placement. My best friend had a rottie male and I had a Pyr Male, both the same age within
two months.  We did many things together, but when the boys reached about 9 months of
age, we realized that was no longer an option.....

 I always say, these are NOT little people in fur suits..... ;o

Judith S. Miller
Northern New Mexico Great Pyrenees Rescue
http://www.caerbannog-grtpyrs.com/workable%20pages/rescue.html
jsmiller@newmex.com