Re: [pyrnet] Cuddly Pyrs

My pyr Mellow is cuddly and will allow me to pet and hug and lie on him while I worship him for as long ad I can stand it. And that goes for anyone else who wants to also.  He is a therapy dog and when we go to a center or nursing home he gets loving for an hour or more and loves every minute of it.  When people pass by him he gets pretty insulted.  As for walking in front, that's strictly a dominance thing for pyrs. They like to think THEY are alpha, imo, so I don't let mine get away with it, although its not easy.  I don't think the cuddly thing came naturally to him.  He had to learn it was a good thing, like everything else. As a pup he couldn't stand to be held or fussed over.
Roz