[pyrnet] Hypothyroidism/Cushing

I was concerned Dumpling, our 10 year Pyr, might have Cushing’s.  About once a month she’d pee in the house and she was counter surfing right in front of us – two things she didn’t do before.  Her tail was getting ratty.  Those were really her only symptoms.  Anyway, she had low grade UTI in September and two of her liver values were barely elevated.  Her recent blood work showed the same.  And she tested positive for hypothyroidism this time.  I have an old school back country vet, so I am guessing he just ran a t4 – he has been a very good vet over the years.

It is safe for me to assume this is just hypothyroidism or should I take her the Veterinary Hospital for a more complete evaluation. I had another dog up there similar testing and they said, even if that dog had Cushing’s, we’d wouldn’t treat until he became symptomatic.

Any experiences with either disease?

Thanks.

Sherri