Re: [pyrnet] Aargh! My Pyr is BALD :(

On 9 Apr 2010 at 16:12, Christine wrote:

> Thanks for writing back. Kodiak has a full beautiful tail and some of
> the fur on his head. He weighed 125 when I dropped him off and 119
> when I picked him up.

Well this is a lesson for us all !  I owned a grooming shop and my groomer was an experienced
Pyr Person.   So heads up all...

Communication is of the utmost......with the groomer when telling them what you expect in detail!

If the Pyr is extremely matted and has not been groomed, sometimes the only solution is to clip
the pyr down, but leaving at least one inch of hair. If after looking at the condition of the Pyr, the
groomer does not give their recommendations, then they are not a good groomer. AND NEVER
CLIP THE TAIL!

If they take the easy street, they are not a good groomer.

If a groomer blows you off and takes the easy street, then DEMAND a full refund, unless as
mentioned above the only way to de-matt is by clipping. Which should have been
communicated!

Consider contacting the BBB if the grooming was unsatisfactory.

Before taking your Pyr to a groomer ask for references!

Many times our groomer would call the owner and say.. all I can do today is brush out your Pyr...
the entire grooming would be too hard on the dog... then we would reschedule the rest of the
grooming for another session.  These were the ones who came in maybe twice a year if lucky
and the owner never laid a brush to them  :(

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://www.goldstaranimalshelpingpeople.com/team.html