Re: [pyrnet] GPS Tracking for lost Pyrs ?

>>>I just spent the worse two hours of my life hunting for Kodiak<<<

I well know the fear - guilt - etc.   Do you have neighbors with dogs?   Listen for the barking and that's probably where you'll find him.

Soleil was quite the escapist when I first got him.  First thing I'd do is listen to see which direction other dogs were barking.  I'd head that way and usually find him pretty quickly as
he went from yard to yard meeting and greeting and causing dogs to go nuts barking at him.  He was always just so very pleased to see me and I was very happy to see him - along with huge amounts of relief.  We have a fairly busy highway about a quarter mile away and my greatest fear was that he'd head that way.
Finally got the fence doggy proofed (probably jinxing myself saying that).   But it seems like no matter how careful we are they do manage to get out sometimes.
Sorry for your horrible experience.

Cat
Lily (now gone on ahead) & Soleil (Great Pyrs)
Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great Cats)
Red Birdie, (African Grey parrot)