Re: [pyrnet] Dog Food: dry & canned

Hi,

Cody is in the same boat.  I don't think he'd eat if he didn't have to - takes too much energy and takes time away from either sleeping or watching the land : )

For dinner, I give him 1/2 cup of Beneful (yes, I know it isn't the best, but it encourages him to eat) along with 1 cup of Medical.  Of course he then gets people food on top because otherwise he won't eat it.  His favourites are lasagna, and shepherd's pie.  Often he doesn't finish his dinner.

To keep weight on him, he gets a hot lunch everyday.  Grilled cheese sandwich, mac and cheese, BBQ pork, etc.  I give him Milk Bones and other dry biscuits as breakfast which he may eat after supper or in a few days.  Often he likes to take the biscuits outside and perhaps eat them on the deck "al fresco".  Then the squirrels come and clean up the crumbs or take the whole biscuit.

I get the same reaction from people when I tell them that he doesn't eat much and really has to be forced to eat.

Christine