[pyrnet] Help! Bro/Sis Q's New Sister for Kodiak/Rescue Pyr

First, I hope y'all had a Happy Thanksgiving :)

Ok. We finally got another Pyr. Kodiak will be three in February and she is two months younger. Her name is Sugar and she is an absolute doll. At 81 pounds she is rather small for her age - especially compared to Kodi's 130 pounds. Though she has had much upheaval in her life, Sugar seems pretty well adjusted. It is looking like she is going to get on with Kodiak quite well. They are both super playful and she can handle rough play with Kodiak like a champ. Actually, she gets riled up a little more and growls but from what we can tell, it truly is just play. So far, that is.  Kodiak already seems protective of her and she of him.

I am concerned about a few things and uncertain how to proceed. At first Kodi was a little mopey when he learned he would have to share our attention with another dog, but he's bucked up a little and now they are like two little kids bickering over who gets to sit in the front seat. Kodi is used to a lot of constant loving and play. But right now Sugar needs a little more. Mostly lots of talk and lots of reassurance.

We walk 2.5 miles every day and Sugar is pretty well behaved on a leash but needs more time to adjust to barking dogs as we pass them and other diversions.  The problem is what to do when my husband is not around. At this point there is no way I can walk both dogs myself. As Sugar gains more confidence and used to her surroundings, it may be possible - especially since Kodi is steadfast and easy going. Kodi has only missed two walks in the past few months yet I feel like I really need work with Sugar on a leash. I hate having to choose between the two and hopefully that will not happen very often in the long run but I am torn about what to do now.

Then there are other little things like giving them both a bone or a treat; paying attention to one more than the other when I go check the mail and stuff like that. I am trying to be as fair an equal as I can but sometimes it's just not feasible.

I hope I am making sense since this really bothers me. I have never had a female dog before and I absolutely love having this cute, dynamic miniature Pyr that just needs a lot of love and attention.

Sorry for ramble but any insight, advise or tips would help a lot.

Christine, Kodiak & Sugar.