From: "Kimberly Shaffer" <kimberlys@hotmail.com>
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:44:30 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Help - poop stain

Hi Sherri,

Your first sentence is my exact situation minus the 2 cats. We use Natureâs Miracle on all stains. Works really great. I over use it tho
for what is suggests and I scrub with a brush really hard. Our carpet needs replaced after all these years but Iâm reluctant to replace it
with 4 messy dogs who when they like to throw up... canât seem to make it to a hard floor to do so!

I took the liberty of doing some research on Google. Found this page about yellow bile stains. Itâs from throwing up, not poop... but yellow
is yellow. Maybe some of their suggestions could help. I might try the ones that say use spray Lysol and the one that says use Hydrogen
Peroxide. Hope something works for you and I hope Dumpling feels better. My one dog, Chloe, she has seizures and tends to poop and pee
and release anal glands when one happens. She also has a sensitive stomach and throws up from time to time. Messes are a part of life
around here.

Here is the page of suggestions from pet owners.

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/disaster/msg042026341177.html?28

This one uses water, salt and baking soda:  http://www.ehow.com/how_5609990_remove-bile-stains-carpet.html

If your carpet is wool:  http://www.ehow.com/how_5656724_remove-bile-stains-wool-carpet.html

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help.

~Kim in Ohio

Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 11:52 AM
Subject: [pyrnet] Help - poop stain

I have had light beige carpet for the past 10 years with 4 current dogs  and one deceased dog and two deceased cats.  I live off a dirt road in the mountains and I have kept that carpet stain free all these years.  Last night, Dumpling, our pyr who is almost 11, had a small accident.  4 small spots.  For some reason, they left behind a yellow (bile like) stain.  I have never had trouble removing poop, pee, vomit, wine, coffee, cranberry juice, oil.  But I canât get these spots gone.  It looks like bile color (poop was a normal color but soft). I have tried my usuals â woolite oxy; enzymes stuff to no avail.

Dumpling is suspected to have a spine lesion, possible cancer or possible disc issues.  She has a thing between her last lumbar and her tail bone.  Over the last several months she only had a few accidents but she can barely get to the end of the deck with peeing; she doesnât leak pee when she has to go- she has to go.  About once a month she randomly drops turds in the house.  I can only assume this will get worse.  Her legs/hips/back were way improved since I added some more supplements.  The stain looks almost the color of one of the supplements.

Poop has never stained before. I cleaned it right when it happened.  If anyone can offer my any advice on removing the spots or her condition, please let me know.  You can also email me privately to spare the group the gory details.

Thanks.

Sherri

sartzgilbert@wiche.edu