RE: [pyrnet] Help - poop stain

This is probably too late, but 5 years ago when my dog pooped on my PARENTS carpet - we tried several things to no avail.  Had a professional come in and was told if it ever happened again the best thing to do is get the big stuff off the carpet, then call them and not to try to get the stain out ourselves.  Their commercial products work better when the stain hasn't been pre-treated with anything.   But, my parents live in a small town, and are friendly with the owner of the local carpet cleaning business, so it didn't cost an arm and a leg - in fact - he wouldn't take any money - I had to make him take a $20 for his time!!!

I don't know if it will work on carpet - but I swear by Shout advanced for set in stains for my clothes - it comes in a small blue spray bottle.

Melissa

From: sartzgilbert@wiche.edu
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:52:50 -0700
Subject: [pyrnet] Help - poop stain

I have had light beige carpet for the past 10 years with 4 current dogs  and one deceased dog and two deceased cats.  I live off a dirt road in the mountains and I have kept that carpet stain free all these years.  Last night, Dumpling, our pyr who is almost 11, had a small accident.  4 small spots.  For some reason, they left behind a yellow (bile like) stain.  I have never had trouble removing poop, pee, vomit, wine, coffee, cranberry juice, oil.  But I can’t get these spots gone.  It looks like bile color (poop was a normal color but soft). I have tried my usuals – woolite oxy; enzymes stuff to no avail.

Dumpling is suspected to have a spine lesion, possible cancer or possible disc issues.  She has a thing between her last lumbar and her tail bone.  Over the last several months she only had a few accidents but she can barely get to the end of the deck with peeing; she doesn’t leak pee when she has to go- she has to go.  About once a month she randomly drops turds in the house.  I can only assume this will get worse.  Her legs/hips/back were way improved since I added some more supplements.  The stain looks almost the color of one of the supplements.

Poop has never stained before. I cleaned it right when it happened.  If anyone can offer my any advice on removing the spots or her condition, please let me know.  You can also email me privately to spare the group the gory details.

Thanks.

Sherri

sartzgilbert@wiche.edu