[pyrnet] Accident caused tail to not work

Argh.  I feel like such a jerk.  Last week, on my way home from bringing my husband home from the hospital for back surgery - you will see the irony in a moment - I accidently pushed or pulled our Pyr about 12 feet down the dirt road in front of our home with my husband's truck.  I honestly don't know what happened - but I know I didn't hit her with the tires.  Anyway, she has a 2"x4" bare spot on her back, and her tail doesn't 'work' anymore.  She was walking fine after the accident, and after a phone call to the vet, we determined she would be OK until morning - gave her one of my Labrador's Rimadyl.  She didn't want to sit or lay down that night, and that is also when we noticed she wasn't wagging her tail, it was hanging between her back legs.  A trip to the vet the next morning (last Thursday) made the vet suspect a break at the base of her tail - but an x-ray later that morning revealed no breaks in her tail, back, hips, etc (thank God.)  She has been taking Deramaxx since Thursday evening, eats well, can poop and pee, and is otherwise getting along very well for an 8 year old Pyr.  Has anyone had their dog sprain their tail?  How long did it take to heal?  Or can I expect that she may never have use of her tail again?

Thanks for any insight.

Sincerely,
Melissa and Liberty AKA Bitty Girl