[WW] Short Preview

Hey guys,

I thought I'd chime in and give you a quick run down on what we're working
with.

Classes
There are 6 basic classes:

Grunt: Your basic enlisted man and the best fighting class. Grunts must
choose a specialty (infantryman, tanker, artillerist, air crew, etc.) that
determines what feats and skills the character must take and his starting
equipment. Grunts start with a rank of private but can take the Rank feat
during character creation to start as a Sergeant. Once adventuring starts
additional rank has to be earned.
Officer: New officers start as a 90-day Wonder with a rank of 2nd Lieutenant,
additional rank must earned. Officers have a number of special feats
available as bonus feats that allow them to give modifiers to Init, Will
saves versus fear and suppression, etc. Noncoms can also take these feats,
but they're not available as bonus feats, meaning they must spend their
normal 1per 3 levels feat.
Medic/Nurse: The medic can restore hit points as long as he has access to
medical supplies. He also has to wear a big red and white target on his
helmet.
Pilot: Pilots start as 2nd LTs. They can fly fighters and/or bombers. We've
got a quick and simple way of resolving dogfights that's actually a lot of
fun if you want to run your group as a fighter or bomber squadron ( a la
Heavy Metal). The system is based on the concept of tactical position. Each
turn you can maneuver to improve your tactical position number or attack.
Attacking costs a certain number of position points minus the difference in
position between attacker and defender. Aircraft cannot attack other planes
at a higher position. That means if you have a big enough position advantage
over your victim, it's possible to attack without exposing yourself to
retaliation.
Resistance Fighter: Resistance members are good at sneaking around and
gathering info. They can also call on their Resistance cell for assistance
and equipment.
Scout: Good at sneaking around and ambushing people. Help speed overland
movement. Prime candidates for the sniper prestige class.

There are 5 prestige classes:

Commando: Good at sneaking and hand-to-hand combat. Used for British
Commandos, LRDG (the Desert Rats), and Army Rangers.
Sniper: Yes, the sniper has a one shot kill capability. He can also shoot to
cause ability damage. A target reduced to 0 Str or Dex cannot move and
requires his buddies to expose themselves to aid him (think of the sniper
scenes in Pvt Ryan or Full Metal Jacket).
OSI Adept: The OSI (Office of Supernatural Investigations) is an Allied group
set up to combat supernatural threats. Since it's a multinational force, it
also serves as a good plot device for a group of characters with mixed
nationalities and service branches. The adept is a spellcaster that uses the
ancient Germanic runes discovered by the Nazis to cast their magic.
OSI Chaplain: Similar to the Blessed in Deadlands. They use divine magic to
heal and aid others.
OSI Operative: Think Bond, James Bond

That's all for now. I'll post some more info on rank, medals, and haunted
vehicles later.

John Hopler