[WW] Goblins, etc.

Hey,

Just wanted to clarify what Lee said about goblins in the last adventure. I'm
working full time on getting the book done, so most of the playtest
adventures have been pulled from my nether regions without about 20 minutes
of preparation. The goblin encounter was designed simply to test some of the
combat mechanics. It actually confirmed what I suspected about WW characters.
They're pretty dangerous when fully equipped but at a big disadvantage when
you take away their guns (which is actually what I wanted). The party (all
5th level) got their butts kicked by a handful of goblins and two carrion
crawlers--an encounter that a 5th level D&D party (or a WW party with a few
Commandos) would have blasted through in a few rounds.

Running into D&D monsters is not the norm for WW, just a shortcut I took to
put an adventure together quickly. Having said that, however, since our
system is compatible with the basic D20 rules there's no reason you can't use
these creatures in your adventures. I've come across a number of creatures in
the Monster Manual that would make a good centerpiece for a horror adventure
if presented correctly.

John Hopler