Re: [WW] DMG?

> > I was thinking of getting Weird Wars and I was wondering if you need the
> > Dungeon Masters Guide to play it or just the Players Guide?

The Official Game License says that you need the PHB, DMG and Monster Manual
to use them.  By the binding contract of the Arch-Fiends at WOTC/Hasbro PEG
is required to say you need them all.  Truthfully I figure you need a total
of maybe 100 pages out of all three books to run Wierd Wars.  The PHB is
most imporant(mainly for Character generation), The DMG has the rules for
awarding XP, making Magic Items(probably wont need them unless you making a
relic of some sort), and the general G.M. stuff that you can get out of any
RPG(how to run, how to motivate players), finally the Monster Manual only
has fanatasy creatures most of which aren't usefull for Wierd Wars.

I personally don't dislike the D20 system but I hate the fact that WOTC
requires you to buy 60 bucks worth of books for just the rules. I feel that
WOTC should print a book that covers just the skelton generic rules(kind of
like what they did with Amazing Engine).

Just my thoughts

Dan

"Wherever and Whenever we appear we leave only destruction in our wake; we
are the Lords of Death, Bringers of War, the Dark Angels."