RE: [WW] How to make the D20 system better [A Little OT]

>Thought it might've been one "c".
>
> > On a game related note, I don't particularly like, or despise, the D20
> > system. It was really clunky when I tried it out (on Deadlands D20 at
> > Origins and the D&D stuff I've seen) but works well for WW. Oh well.
>
>How did it work well, in your opinion?

Well, the demo I played at Origins was what made me say this. Again, the
book is coming in the mail and I'll see what its like (I'm sure it will be
great), but the demo was combat-heavy...something that is common during war.
Well, the D20 system seems combat oriented. Well, Sandor ran the adventure,
and he did a great job GMing...the rules didn't get in the way at all....and
the combat ran smooth and fast.

Again, I know you don't like the old DL system, but thats why the D20 seemed
so clunky for that game. The whole DL demo was combat oriented, and I think
a game such as that doesn't deserve to be turned into a hack and slash fest.
Not that WW was, but....it just fit better, and I didn't have any previous
notions as to what the game should be like either.

JP
I just confused myself there.