[WW] Re: Putting the Fantasy In

Wessex Games do Panzerfaüste which is a skirmish
ruleset for WW II with fantasy races -Dwarven reich,
British orcs, etc. They also do Ranke & Vyle which is
basically the same thing in the horse and musket era.
I believe they origioally did Flintloque which is much
the same as R & V.

Most relavantly they do miniatures, dwarves with
MP-40s and that sort of thing. I don't like them or
the whole game idea - though I would buy it as a set
of skirmish rules and leave the 'pointy ears' out.

Their URL is
http://www.blease.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/WG.homepage.html

Why change our world? Have an accident opening
portants to another world (or worlds) where the
fantasy races predominate - I think there is a David
Drake short story on this theme - Vietnam in a
dungeon.
The various powers ally with powers on the new planet
and start learning magic.
I find the idea of the plain vanilla human empire
allying itself with the Reich quite intersting, but
this is perhaps because my brother ran a long series
of D & D games in a Germanic fantasy empire which was
not a nice place to be - he once described it as a
thousand year reich a thousand years on.
It had its origins in a normal D & D campaign where
one player (a right winger) played a paladin, admitted
by all to be the best played paladin they had ever
seen, the paladin was called Baldur von Schirac after
the head of the Hitler Youth. The player has now gone
very fundamentalist christian.

Michael