[WW] Re: Magic

I would be rather inclined NOT to give the PCS any
magic at the start but rather to send them into
occupied territory to investigate some strange rumours
where they can encounter some magic in action and
start to learn about it themselves - the equivalent of
finding a grimoire in old D & D terms. Maybe they can
find a teacher or some event 'awakens' them - the
magical equivalent of radioactive contamination. I
still like the idea that magic requires an inborn
talent rather than it being possible for anyone to
learn it.

I am not sure about divine magic in a christian
setting, it makes me uncomfortable. Still I should
wait until I actually get the book !

I have in mind Barbera Hambley's novel about a fantasy
wizard arriving in nazi Germany. A good source.

Michael