[WW] Campaign before D-Day

> I can't believe anyone has managed to miss the Osprey
> books. The Atlantic is wider than I thought.

Even though I do own e.g. Advanced Squad Leader, I always had trouble
finding like-minded players. And those books, if you aren't playing,
what do you need them for?

> Starting a campaign with D-Day misses out on a lot of
> early war fun.

My thoughts exactly. My squad will start 1941 in the desert. Lets see
what I can up with, while everybody waits for a Mummy ;-).

That way at least we don't have to cope yet with those pesky U.S.
troops with their endless supplies (of cigarettes and chewing gum)
;-).

The first scene involves the port of Tripoli - when the elements of
the soon to be Afrikakorps arrive. Beaten Italians everywhere, who
look for seasoned Wehrmacht troops to help them.

The party unfortunately is part of a hastily built up unit that was
just a cadre before. Therefore you get a strange mix of specialties.

While Feldwebel Juergens is a competent leader (strangely a tanker),
and Hauptmann von Fallersleben a good company leader, Oberleutnant
Schwarz, platoon commander of the 1st Zug, a strict and driven
disciplinarian, will harrass the PCs from day one. And he will ample
opportunity, or have you ever seen a disciplined roleplaying group?
;-)

Of course he will see to it, that the PCs platoon gets all the
Himmelfahrtskommandos, never expecting them to return at all.

BTW: How do your groups cope with undisplined behavior in your squads?
Any court martials? Share stories, people!

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833