Re: [WW] Brutes, Tolkien, and the OSI

----- Original Message -----
From: "Theron Bretz" <tbretz@montroseclinic.org>
> Professor Tolkien was an expert philologist, with a strong understanding
of
> mythology.  He created entirely new alphabets and languages (codes?), many
> using runic components (can you see where I'm going with this?).  He was a
> survivor of one of the bloodiest battles of WWI (the Somme).  Perhaps his
> survival was due to something other than luck?  Perhaps, the symbolism he
> "found" in these "made up" languages has more than just a mythic
resonance?

I like this Idea. Perhaps the nearly incomprehensible Silmarillion will turn
out to be to the "Hoyle's Book of Games" for Vietnam.

Cheyenne

http://theraven.home.sprynet.com/      -The Art of Cheyenne Wright
"This planet is obviously being used as an insane asylum by other planets."
- George Bernard Shaw