RE: [WW] Sherman Tank vs. Purple Worm

>>The question that basically needs to be answered is should
>>monsters out of
>>the Monster Manual be better than, equal too, or less than the tanks of
>>WWII. I pretty much think that is up to the individual WM.
>
> Gotta disagree with you here. Power balance isn't the question, it's
> differing game mechanics for vehicles. I'm perfectly content to let
> the numbers (whatever the numbers turn out to be) decide how the
> matchup work out. But if you pit a vehicle against a big monster with
> any adjustments to the rules, in some cases you get the Invulnerable
> Tank (due to Armor) vs. the Unhittable Monster (due to high Armor
> Class). THAT'S the problem, or at least it is to me, and why I'm
> looking for a reasonable system to "Vehiclerize" monsters.

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. How you adjust rules is going to
determine if the tank or monster is better. This is why I say you have to
decide which way you want to go first.
Let me give you some examples.

Basically there are three ways to go....

1) Make no changes in any rules and fight it as is. This means the Sherman
will kill the Purple Worm easily because the Worm will never be able to hurt
the Sherman due to its PV.

2) We "Monsterize" the Sherman. In this case the Sherman will loose its PV
ability and it will be a somewhat closer fight. The Sherman has a lower AC,
but its attack is a killer. Meanwhile the Purple worm has a better AC, but
its attack isn't as good. The Purple Worms big advantage is its HP's. I feel
"Monsterizing" the Sherman gives a slight advantage to the Worm.

3) We can "Vehiclize" the Worm. This I think would give the moste equal
fight, of course a lot of that depends upon what rules we agree to use. That
said, I don't like the ide of having to change monsters from the monster
manual. I personally would drather see the changing or addition of rules for
WW than changing what is D20. (Even though D20 is, as is all systems, a
flawed system.)