Re: [WW] Re: M4 vs the Purple Worm

On Mon, 20 August 2001, Michael Robert Blair wrote:
>I am not too sure what effects such weapons would have
>on characters.

The absolute BEST system I have seen for handling scaling like this is the d6 (original Star Wars) system.

I belive Mr. McGlothlin may be able to tell you more about how it worked as he wrote a book for the super hero version - now theres a game that needs scaling.

Anyhoo - basically the larger the scale the more damange it did - however, it became very hard to use these weapons on a single person.  It puts a cap on the maximum (on the to hit roll) or minimum (on the damage roll) number a dice can give.

Jeff

"I've got Dungeon Masters Guide / I've got 12 sided
dice / I've got Kitty Pride / And Nightcrawler, too /
Waiting there for me / Yes I do."

"In the Garage" Weezer
http://www.shopping.altavista.com