[WW] Re: M4 vs the Purple Worm

This seems off topic but it grew out of wondering
about the M4 versus a Purple Worm thread.

I know this sounds rather Riflts-ish, but it does seem
a good idea (and by the way all I know of Rifts comes
from reviews and friends horror stories about playing
it).

I wonder if what is needed is some sort of mega-scale
armour and damage values. So that heavy weapons –
whether an 8.8cm KwK43 or the lasers of a space
dreadnought – can be handled in the same way as normal
combat but on a bigger scale. So an M4 might have an
AC of 3, an Sd Kfz 182 Tiger II an AC of 6, and an M1
Abrahms an AC of 8.

Hand weapons against this ‘Mega-Armour’? Ping.

This armour and the weapons that go with it are of an
entirely different order of magnitude to hand weapons.
Only at the top and bottom of each scale would there
be any overlap – the .50 BMG being the best example.

I am not too sure what effects such weapons would have
on characters. “You’re dead” is simple and realistic
but buckets of d12 seem not inappropriate. The effects
of HE and fragmentation or shrapnel would also need to
be modelled.

Michael