RE: [WW] More thoughts on WW2 Weird Wars

> Behalf Of Magician
> Firstly one of reasons why I don't like the D20 system and I know
> this isn't the proper place to talk about it, Is the simple fact that I
> don't have any of the basic D20 books.

	You know, I wasn't going to reply to this posting, but this comment stopped
me in my tracks. So, what your are trying to tell me is this:

	I don't like XYZ. I haven't bothered to read or find out about XYZ,
therefore I don't know anything about it, but I do know that I don't like
XYZ."

	How about getting the basic books and reading them? It isn't the best of
all systems, but they did a lot of good work on it.

> Secondly the Medals, I know there is alot of them out there and specially
> during WW2. Canadian Medals were mostly U.K. Sorry folks since
> I'm Canadian I used my Country as a example, What I concerned about is the
> Order Medals,

	Here is a sugestion, why not make your own list and table? It isn't that
hard. You probably know more about you countries medals than anyone on this
list, or even the game designers.

> First off do they have any special powers or traits in the Weird Wars
> world?.

	I am sure you could do something like that. Remember this is a brand new
game. Much of the work of exploring the what's and how's is up to the
players and WM's.

>Secondarily how in game terms would it take to get an Order Metal,

	I don't even know what this is.

> Also there were Battle and War Metals and Badges as well. Like for the
> battle of Dieppe those who survived it got a neat Battle Badge,

	Yes, there are many other "medals" available than what was on the list
given in the book. The list given in the book is medals for actions taken,
bravery and such. Many of the medals you are mentioning are medals are
location or profession medals. Those aren't technical terms, that is just
what I call them...for example every american soldier that was in the ETO
(eurpean theatre of operations) recieved a medal (I forgot its name.) Any
soldier that was an infantry rifleman got a CIB, Combat Infantry Badge.

	The purpose of the table with the medals in the book are these are special
medals given because an action the player has taken....not just because they
were at a certain place...or do a certain job.