Re[2]: [WW] Gaming Across The World

> On Sun, 07 Oct 2001 08:18:03 -0400 "richard spangle"
> <lost_rich@hotmail.com> writes:

>> i was just wondering where everyone was playing at and how popular
>> WW is in your area. my group is...

Muenster, Germany. Apart from my e-mail campaign (progressing ever
slowly) I started a group in the same background at our local gaming
store. First session was a blast. Beyond the first training
assignments players fulfilled the baptism of fire.

I can't get into operational details here (you know, I'd have to shoot
you afterwards ;-)), but what I didn't know was that one of the
players actually had been a sergeant in the Panzergrenadiers (tank
infantry). I accidentally charged him as a squad leader and he
performed in an awe-inspiring manner (tactically speaking).

Real Life experience (or rather training) does help in RPG ;-). Add
to that, that the dice played an important role, too...

Once in the mission the whole squad had to "jump" out of a rocky
trench to assault enemy positions. While one half-squad performed
admirably, on the other side three guys (including an npc) just rolled
failures (two 1s, one 2).

What happened? When they grabbed the edge, the whole slab of stone
came tumbling down on them. That was rather funny, and suddenly the
last player on the side was facing the enemy all alone.

Later on, when on the same side the half-squad became bogged down, one
of the formerly luckless players (a tanker accidentally assigned to
this machine gun bataillon to boot) came up from behind and snapped
quick shots to take out the enemy defenders, recreating the same
situation (again two great hits, one of them critical) while taking
the gun emplacement that was their objective and then helping to get a
wounded comrade out of enemy fire until reinforcements could arrive to
relieve them.

It was easy for me to rule, that this guy actually earned his iron
cross 2nd class ;-).

So now we are thrilled to play again, but right now it's kind of hard
to get the people together again...

The next mission will introduce a hidden ancient temple in a forgotten
valley in the desert of Libya. And there finally some weird elements
_might_ crop up. :D

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833