[WW] Re: weirdwars-digest.20011104

> Sounds like a great campaign.
>
> How easy is the conversion between Deadlands and D20 for Weird Wars?
>
> Cap

To be perfectly honest, I hadn't really made any plans to 'convert' the
system per say.

To be brief my ideas were:

	using blessed as such
	hucksters as PC spell casters (the Deadlands Hucksters rules is still
the best yet for 'wild' magic.
	This is for mechanics only, the look would still be that of a weird war
wizard.
	I'd use the Whatley (sp) blood magic rules for the Nazi blood magic
	the rest I'd use the Deadlands rules engine converting where I need to
on the fly.

Character generation would be from normal Deadlands. I have thought a
lot about this, even before Weird Wars came out. I had been working on a
Deadlands Campaign set in World War Two. It was to be the Reckoners last
chance to take over the earth, (yeah see, in my own Deadlands campaign
my party stopped Stone from coming back, therefore the Hell on Earth
timeline didn't succeed).

Then Weird Wars was announce, which meant the I had a ready set of
upcoming source material that I could convert on the fly. Now the only
problem is trying to wind down my Deadlands campaign that's been going
strong for five years and shows no signs of letting up. :)

All the best

Sandy Addison